Will You Marry Me?
|
Friday, January 27, 2006
It's my dear's birthday today! As it happen to be the eve of CNY eve, hence took leave to help out mum with the spring cleaning etc. So that I can have the excuse to go out at night.
To-Do List
=========
1. Make a reservation at My Humble Place (at esplanade). As incidentally, there will be fireworks display for the CNY at the marina. Have repeatly requested the restaurant's staff to give me a good seat where can see the fireworks display while we dine.
2. Get birthday present. Weishiang just hates buying clothes. Or he purposely just don't buy them so that I will never run out things to buy. Anyway, bought a strip shirt (in the in-thing now) from POA.
3. Get PSP game (Street Fighter).
We met up at around 6.30pm. As I've made the reservation at 7.30pm. So we shop around suntec. Pop by Toys 'R Us. Hunting for the transformer that we have been looking for. But sadly it's not selling (yet). But wait.. something caught weishiang's eyes. It's transformer but it's the Star Wars series. Cool! We bought Obi-Wan Kenobi and X-Wing Fighter to add to our transformer collections.
Oops we better hurry over to esplanade.
My first experience wasn't good. Please don't be mistaken, I don't mean the food wasn't good but because I wasn't prepared to pay for the price of the food as a birthday treat to a person I hardly know. This time, I'm determine to enjoy every bit of it. From the ambience right down to the last drop of the food. The place that the staff had reserved for me is a cosy two seater couch. Very comfy. It overlooks the waters as well. Ok... so far so good. I got the venue right, the sitting right for the fireworks. It's gonna be a great birthday celebration for my dear.
The first dish was the lo hei. A bit weird lo hei with just two person. And to add in the awkardness, we were given two long chopstickst to toss the chinese salad. Haha. We toss anyway, saying good wishes in the hush..hush.. tone. Afterall this is a classy restaurant and not some Zi Char Stall at a Kopi Tiam. The Lo Hei taste exquisite. Not because of the price but I think I've never tasted Lo Hei with real mandarin orange fruit in it. It's just delicious. And also we were starving already... but we still must eat with poise and class :P
Can't remember what was the subsequent dishes.. but I vaguely recall we had sharkfin soup (which was serve on a large plate with a bowl attached in the middle. Weird huh?). We also had vegetable, which surprisingly weishiang finished ever single leaf. (perhaps it's the price, can't waste any food). We had cod fish, which the sauce is nice and the fish is cooked just right. What leaves us the deepest impression was the mutton steak. You know how tough mutton can be. But the chef cooked just right. It's just so tender for easy chewing, that your jaws won't get tired after eating. And the mutton smell is not strong. It's just perfect!
While we ate, I keep looking at my watch for 8.30pm to come as well as peering outside the window to look for the fireworks. Finally! The fireworks were launched! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR!! (I whispered in his ear and kissed him). We huddled together watching the fireworks from our "lovers seat", the whole atmosphere was just magical. While I was in this princess mood, enjoying the lovey dovey moment, I felt something slipped onto my fourth finger...
Here's my first reaction... "GASP!! It's the proposal diamond ring and he didn't kneel down to ask me if I want to marry him. And no flowers!" Not quite my kind of proposal expectation (If you ever read this... you must make up to me for this.. some day) :D
Anyway, back to the ring. Ok, I was quite expected that there will be a diamond ring as I went with him to buy. But I just didn't know when, he will pop the question. Hence, during that period I was just fantasizing how my proposal will be. Back to the history abit... Just choosing a ring was quite tiring. As it has to be a good cut, good colour, good clarity and yet have to be within budget. Finally I got a Colour Grade F, Clarity VS1 and Celestial Brilliant cut from GOLDHEART.
The shiny star on my finger just blinded me to be loss of words. On one hand I was wondering should I act girlishly happy like those script acting you see on TV... or do a "Try Hard To Get" style. In the end, I just smile.. and smile.. sorry to the gals reading this I kinda tiu nyu ren the lian. (At the same time complaining to him where's my flowers?) Determined receive the basic proposal procedure, after dinner I make him proposed to me kneeling down at some not so many people place.
Now, the next hurdle is breaking the news to my parents...
Anyway.. we will deal with it later.. now with the ring on my finger.. it's just feel so different...
-----------------------------------------------------------
twinkle winks
at |12:56 AM|